Saturday, May 9, 2015

A few notes...


THIS IS how a Saturday night rolls with me. Yes, it is this exciting.
This blog will reach the milestone of a decade later this year, I am considering refreshing the look of the page, which has remained the same since creation. That's for another day.

THURSDAY 7th May was a mixed day. I was in the congregation at Warcop to say goodbye to Neil, a gentleman I knew all my life and will be remembered. The sun shone brightly over St Columba's.
A visit to the Memorial Hall in Brough followed, so I could cast my votes in the Parliamentary and District elections. The Memorial Hall has been in situ for ninety years, respecting those who fought in the Great War a century ago.
I spent a short while mid afternoon listening to the Short Wave band on my radio. I heard WWCR-1, Nashville TN USA, on the frequency of 15825 kHz, broadcasting English to Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. The programmes I heard were 'Tell It From Calvery' and the Radio Bible Hour. Reception was moderate.
I also heard Radio Africa (Pan American Broadcasting) on 17790 kHz. The programme I heard included a female vocalist. Reception was moderate.
The evening was taken over by the reults of the General Election - I don't think any extra views need to be added to the events!

Those are the notes I wished to add to this blog. Do continue to visit and support!

No comments: