Sunday, March 20, 2016

Days gone by.

THIS is an article first published on my LinkedIn profile, September 24, 2015.


JUST THOUGHT I would begin this first post by crediting the Flickr account See Like Click (A. Evans) as it is that account that is the owner and rights holder to the above image of the A66 Stainmore.

My first full time employment was on the above site for Kier Construction, now part of the Kier Group, during 1993 and 1995. I was employed as a Trainee Laboratory Technician, based in a laboratory on Helbeck Road, Brough. I was 18 years of age and my first employment in the private sector. My daily routine included carrying out daily tasks and the work which was either delivered to the laboratory from site on Stainmore or collected from site by my colleagues and myself. I did keep a diary of part of my time in the laboratory, which I did re-read recently, which did revive a few memories. I would like to thank my colleagues, Messrs Paterson, Price, Illingworth, Busby and those whose faces I can picture in my mind but names may have faded from memory for the memories of my first employment.

No comments: