Saturday, April 15, 2006

Happy Easter

WISHING you all an enjoyable and peaceful Easter weekend. If you have some good memories of the weekend, please use the comments link below this post and write up your memories of the weekend, share with us how you spent the Easter weekend. Nice idea, I think!

A Final Traveller's Tale

AS the Easter weekend is with us, the Summer season has now begun and this post hosts the final in the series of World of Blog / Traveller's Tales.

Today's link is to Hayley, pictured left, who has a Where Are You Now site, which can be viewed here.
As said in previous posts, I hope all those featured in the series give you some interesting ideas for the summer, and also a chance to catch up on life with people in various areas of the world.

Visit Cumbria in 2006 (A Revival)

SOMETIME over the Winter I made a post titled Visit Cumbria in 2006, in which I pledged to start a series promoting all areas of Cumbria to give you an excellent reason to visit the County this Summer. In that post made during the cold, dark months, I placed a link to the Historic Carlisle site, which I hope you found of interest. As this is the introduction to the series, I won't rush to place any posts today, I will continue my research and give you some good ideas for the season ahead.
Hoping to see you in Cumbria very soon!

Easter on the Wireless

I spent the afternoon of Good Friday (14 April) taking advantage of some free time which I spent with my radio, listening to the Medium Wave band. True to form, here are the stations I heard. As some broadcasters use several frequencies on the Medium Wave (AM) band, some of the stations featured here in this list have been featured previously on Reporting From The Fox Tower, so today's list won't feature links to the broadcasters' websites, but if you see a station you are interested in and would like to see more, please use Google. (Other popular search engines are available).

Friday 14 April 2006 :
1314 kHz : NRK Euuropakanalen (Norwegian Domestic Service)
1341 kHz : BBC Radio Ulster (Northern Ireland)
1368 kHz : Manx Radio (Isle of Man)
1377 kHz : France Info (French Domestic Service, Lille transmitter)
1404 kHz : France Info (Brest transmitter)
1422 kHz : Deutschlandfunk (German Domestic Service)

There were other broadcasts too, which I could not fully identify, which would have been nice to bolster the list, but hopefully, next time . . . !

Well that concludes the post for today, Enjoy your Easter!

No comments: