Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thursday night notes

HOPE you like the new addition to Reporting From The Fox Tower - The real time clock in the sidebar! I've set the clock to show GMT, two reasons :
  • My radio hobby dictates times to be recorded in GMT (also known as UTC - Universal Time Co-ordination), therefore the clock on my radio (Roberts R881) is always set to GMT. I also feel my journal would benefit from having a reference point to 'local time', which here in the UK is GMT (+1 in summer).
  • The second reason is that in the latter part of the first reason - The change between GMT and GMT+1 when the clocks change twice a year in the UK. We know the time it takes to alter all the clocks at home - This makes that job one clock more convenient.

I'll close for tonight - Hope you report back to Reporting From The Fox Tower again soon!

No comments: