Sunday, April 16, 2017

Hannah's London Marathon Challenge - Update

FIRST of all, may I welcome you to the four hundred and tenth post here on Reporting From The Fox Tower, posted on Easter Sunday (16 April 2017). I hope that you are enjoying the weekend.


Hannah's London Marathon Challenge

Reporting From The Fox Tower introduced Hannah Langton in the 'Hannah's London Marathon Challenge' post, dated Monday, March 27, 2017. This post today comes one week prior to the Marathon and, sadly, due to injury, Hannah is unable to take part this year, as confirmed on Instagram, Thursday, April 13:

It's with a very, very heavy heart that I have had to make the decision to drop out of the London Marathon due to an injury I picked up during training. It has not been an easy decision to make, however I'm currently unable to walk so running 26 miles in 10 days is an impossible task. I just wanted to firstly thank and apologise to everyone that has donated so far - i will still hit my target of £2,000 and it's all going to a fantastic cause. You will be in fact getting 2 for the price of one though, as I have already signed up for the Dublin marathon in October, and deferred my entry to London next year. Good luck to everyone that is taking part, I'll be cheering you on with a gin and tonic at the side lines - make the most of every minute, I'm very jealous! #londonmarathon #maybenextyear
A post shared by Hannah Langton (@hllangton) on

Hannah's statement on Instagram was as follows:
"It's with a very, very heavy heart that I have had to make the decision to drop out of the London Marathon due to an injury I picked up during training. It has not been an easy decision to make, however I'm currently unable to walk so running 26 miles in 10 days is an impossible task. I just wanted to firstly thank and apologise to everyone that has donated so far - i will still hit my target of £2,000 and it's all going to a fantastic cause. You will be in fact getting 2 for the price of one though, as I have already signed up for the Dublin marathon in October, and deferred my entry to London next year. Good luck to everyone that is taking part, I'll be cheering you on with a gin and tonic at the side lines - make the most of every minute, I'm very jealous! #londonmarathon #maybenextyear"

You can, however, continue to donate to Hannah's chosen charity, The Heads Together for The Mix Campaign, by clicking HERE. Help Hannah to reach her £2000 target.

As Hannah has stated, she has signed up for the Dublin Marathon in October, and deferred entry to London next year, so it is best wishes to Hannah for Dublin in October!

And finally... If you want to see Hannah's appearance on The Chase, you will have to be quick - The episode, broadcast Tuesday, March 21, only has four days remaining (from today - Sunday, April 16) on the ITV Hub. Click HERE to see the show.

Until the next time... Happy Easter!

No comments: