Sunday, October 23, 2005

That was the week that was

So Sunday evening has come around once again, 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' on television, whilst I type up a few thoughts of the week just gone, with emphasis of the high points, obviously!

Tuesday evening and The Blues were down at Oldham Athletic (League One opposition!) for the first round of the LDV Trophy competition, a competition which has been good to Carlisle down the years... Karl Hawley scored on five minutes and Carlisle held the lead up to well in the second half when Oldham equalised through determination and I guess a spot of luck (ie Kev Gray's injury) from a penalty.
This being a cup game meant it had to be completed on the night. Extra time came and went, all resting on the penalty kicks. So the roll call of honour is Chris Lumsden, Karl Hawley, Peter Murphy, Simon Grand, Zigor Aranalde and Jamie McClen, as Carlisle ran out 6-5 winners on the night (complementing their 1-0 win over Mansfield at Brunton Park the Saturday before this game).

I received a couple of items of mail linked to my radio listening hobby this week and if you enjoy Evangelical Christian radio broadcasts, then this is for you. Many thanks to Trans World Radio and Feba Radio for their mailings, even though I haven't heard their broadcasts for a long while and I'd just like to say this isn't a plug for their broadcasts, honest!

I do enjoy listening to BBC Radio Cumbria as I'm a local boy, but I also enjoy our other local station on medium wave, Fresh Radio, especially for the great, great music played during a half hour period this morning: ABBA, Status Quo, The Clash, Elvis ... Fresh Radio started out in the late 90's as Yorkshire Dales Radio, becoming Fresh AM then Fresh Radio. Enjoy the link provided! (Yes, that one WAS a plug.)

Finally, I hope whilst you are here you enjoy my ramblings, please leave a comment at the bottom of the posts and place a pin in the guestmap, link on the left hand of the page.

No comments: