Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wednesday waffle

Just a few notes this Wednesday night with a look forward to the weekend...

In my previous post (football section), I left out the result and some forthcoming games for Carlisle United - The Blues were down at Notts County (Meadow Lane) and played out a 0-0 draw. United's next game is at home to Stockport County, Saturday 29 October. I will be attending the game, courtesy of a free bus! (See entry for Saturday 15 October). Last Saturday the draws for the FA Cup First Round and the LDV Cup Second Round were made, on Saturday 5 November Carlisle visit Cheltenham Town for the FA Cup 1st Round, Carlisle played at Cheltenham on September 17 and United beat them 3-2... I hope that's a good omen for the forthcoming FA Cup match! Also in November, Blackpool visit Brunton Park for the Second Round of the LDV Trophy (or whatever it's official name is... D'uh!)

The above shows I'm visiting Brunton Park on Saturday, whilst on Sunday I plan to enjoy listening to the Medium Wave band on my portable radio, to do some DXing - Hearing stations from near and far on the band, be they BBC local, BBC national, ILR local, ILR national, or our friends from Europe. To learn more about DXing, visit the British DX Club (BDXC) Web site, follow the link in the sidebar.

Take care!

No comments: