Saturday, December 3, 2005

BBC sporty thingy ( no more after this, honest! )

After I may have had a slight poke at the BBC last night, re: BBC best sporty person award hall of fame whatsit, I'd just like to make a slight point towards a sportsperson deserving of the Overseas sports person of the year 2005, see picture on the right - yes I think Miss Sharapova should receive the award because, for a start, at least she even tries to succeed in her sport, she hasn't made it to the top by saying "Oh well, another game lost, let's see what else I can do", like a Miss Kournikova, who fell by the wayside in the tennis world - hey, at least she had a modelling contract and a marriage to Enrique Englesias to fall back on - Never short of a job or two then! ( Not too sarcastic, I hope ). Yes, the BBC panel should despatch the award to Maria asap and aspire all young people to take up sport and at least GET SOME EXERCISE!

As for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award, I *exclusively* revealed yesterday the award is going to Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff, yet - lo and behold! - the annual sabotage has begun! Fans of Liverpool FC have been voting in their droves for Peter Crouch (eh?!) , yes, the same Mr Crouch who, today, has scored his first goal for the club. So if one goal every three months entitles an award, then Everton certainly are team of the year. Oh ok then, that was harsh on the 'Toffee men'. I meant Sunderland. That's more like it!

You asked me the result of the Test match in Lahore today - Goodness, is that the time? Really...

Over 'n' out...

No comments: