Saturday, December 3, 2005

Christmas shopping...

... in Carlisle today really was an experience. I don't think I've ever known the Great Border City to have been as choc-a-bloc as it was today. I sympathised with the staff at Past Times who were simply over run ... imagine what it must be like to work in a store as popular as PT was today, it was absolute mayhem!

I visited a couple of other stores, also heaving, had a nice pot of tea with jam doughnut (or two) at a store restaurant before heading up into an outdoor orientated store which, to be fair, was having a 'slow day'. Considering everyone else elsewhere were kicking each other's heads in to get in and out of the stores, this place was like heaven. I'm pleased I did find a place which didn't have the edge of disharmony to it, and so was a little less 'het up' as I made my way back to the Citadel Station to enjoy the train ride home (£3 return with a winter railcard - Beat that you car drivers!)

Don't let me hurry you but you only have 22 more days to endure the madness - then the new year sales! Have fun :0)

No comments: